SubjectRe: Y2K-like bug to hit Linux computers! - Info of the day
On Fri, 13 May 2005, Denis Vlasenko wrote:

> On Friday 13 May 2005 14:43, Srinivas G. wrote:
>> But what about the present? Many applications running on Linux could
>> soon be making calculations for dates 30 years away -- say, for mortgage
>> and insurance calculations -- and could start giving out error messages
>> well before D-day. The problem could be widespread because more and more
>> corporates today are migrating to Linux because of the better security
>> it offers.
>> How can the problem be sorted? Modern Linux programs could use 64-bit or
>> longer time_t data storage to overcome the problem. As for the existing
> ^^^^^^
> Looks like someone is contemplating a mortgage which expire well beyond
> Solar system lifetime.
> --
> vda

Yes. It's more FUD. The __real__ problem, ther everybody should
be concerned about is that today is Friday the 13th. My black cat
already walked under a ladder and broke my mirror.

Cheers,
Dick Johnson
Penguin : Linux version 2.6.11 on an i686 machine (5537.79 BogoMips).
98.36% of all statistics are fiction.

  Last update: 2005-05-13 14:31    [W:0.089 / U:0.144 seconds]