SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] hotplug-ng 002 release
From
On May 10, Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:

> > > Why not this or something similar (e.g. I want to blacklist the xxx and
> > > yyy modules)? (note, untested)
> Nice, I like it.
But it does not work.

> > Because it's impossible to predict how it will interact with other
> > install and alias commands.
> Then we will just have to find out :)
It should be clear that it will interact badly with another install
commands, with one of them being ignored. This is not acceptable.

> > A less fundamental but still major problem is that this would be a
> > different API, and both users and packages have been aware of
> > /etc/hotplug/blacklist* for a long time now.
> And as /etc/hotplug/* is going away for hotplug-ng, I don't think this
> is going to be an issue. Also, the blacklisting stuff should not be
> that prevelant anymore...
It's a feature which I know my users and other maintainers need
(for duplicated drivers, OSS drivers, watchdog drivers, usb{mouse,kbd}
and so on) so it's a prerequisite for the successful packaging of
hotplug-ng.

--
ciao,
Marco

  Last update: 2005-05-10 22:44    [W:0.221 / U:0.048 seconds]