    SubjectREPOST [Followup: PROBLEM: Kernel bug at tg3.c:2456]
    up :-D

    -------- Original Message --------
    Subject: Followup: PROBLEM: Kernel bug at tg3.c:2456
    Date: Thu, 31 Mar 2005 14:34:22 +0200
    From: Sergio Chiesa <sergio.chiesa@eutelia.it>
    To: linux-kernel@vger.kernel.org

    Sergio Chiesa wrote:

    > 7.7.
    > Well, it seems that with the original onboard raid controller the bug
    > didn't trigger... the controller was swapped with the lsi logic by my
    > supplier because it fails badly with raid-5 arrays (hw/fw related issue)
    > I also tried the original broadcom driver version 7.3.5 with similar
    > results...

    I made some tests again, switching back to the onboard dual aic7902 scsi
    controller (non raid) the tg3 dont hung anymore.
    I just noticed the IRQ mappings change between the two settings.
    The Broadcom eth get always the IRQ #25, the two onboard scsi controllers
    get #24 and #25 (shared with the eth, is it harmful??) but the megaraid
    driver gets the IRQ #28

    I think it is something IRQ related because if the eth hungs but the kernel
    is still running I see more than 140000 irq per second with "vmstat".

    Hope it helps better!

    Sergioc.

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.021 / U:1.612 seconds]