    SubjectRe: non-free firmware in kernel modules, aggregation and unclear copyright notice.
    From
    On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 09:19:24AM +0100, Ian Campbell wrote:
    > On Mon, 2005-04-04 at 23:19 +0200, Sven Luther wrote:
    >
    > > I am only saying that the tg3.c and other file are under the GPL, and
    > > that the firmware included in it is *NOT* intented to be under the
    > > GPL, so why not say it explicitly ?
    >
    > I don't think anyone here has disagreed. What almost everyone has said
    > however is "so go and do it" -- go do the research, contact the
    > copyright holders directly and get the permission to make patches, then
    > post them here.

    Ok. I have some doubts about doing the work, and it then being rejected and
    i did the work first, which is why i asked. It seemed a reasonable thing to
    ask, and my analysis of the problem was sound, so why didn't i get a, yeah, go
    ahead, instead of this rejection ?

    > There is really no point in discussing it here, just get on and do it.

    As i said, some may know things about relationship, or lack thereof, with the
    copyright holder, i believe that the people who added those firmware blobs are
    all reading this here, and it is from them that i wanted feedback, but it
    failed to produce that effect.

    /me will investigate bk and how to get the information on who signed those
    changes off and commited them :)

    Friendly,

    Sven Luther

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.022 / U:120.272 seconds]