    SubjectRe: [07/08] [TCP] Fix BIC congestion avoidance algorithm error
    On Tue, Apr 05, 2005 at 09:47:59AM -0700, Greg KH wrote:

    > -stable review patch. If anyone has any objections, please let us know.
    >
    > While redoing BIC for the split up version, I discovered that the
    > existing 2.6.11 code doesn't really do binary search. It ends up
    > being just a slightly modified version of Reno. See attached graphs
    > to see the effect over simulated 1mbit environment.

    I hate to be a stickler for the rules, but does this really meet this
    criteria?

    - It must fix a real bug that bothers people (not a, "This could be a
    problem..." type thing.)

    If the congestion control alogirthm is "Reno-like", what is
    user-visible impact to users? There are OS's out there with TCP/IP
    stacks that are still using Reno, aren't there?

    Knowing the answer to the question, "How does this bug `bother' either
    users or network administrators?" would probably be really helpful.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.020 / U:368.760 seconds]