    SubjectRe: Logitech MX1000 Horizontal Scrolling
    On dim, 2005-04-03 at 18:01 +0200, Juergen Kreileder wrote:
    > Esben Stien <b0ef@esben-stien.name> writes:
    >
    > > Jeremy Nickurak <atrus@rifetech.com> writes:
    > >
    > >> I'm playing with this under 2.6.11.4
    > >
    > > I got 2.6.12-rc1
    > >
    > >> The vertical cruise control buttons work properly, with the
    > >> exception of the extra button press.
    > >
    > > Yup, nice, I see the same
    >
    > Same here.
    >
    > >> But the horizontal buttons are mapping to 6/7 as non-repeat
    > >> buttons, and adding simulateously the 4/5 events auto-repeated for
    > >> as long as the button is down. That is to say, pressing the the
    > >> horizontal scroll in a 2d scrolling area will scroll *diagonally*
    > >> one step, then vertically until the button is released.
    > >
    > > Yup, seeing exactly the same here.
    >
    > Horizontal scrolling works fine for me. I just get repeated 6/7
    > events, nothing else.
    >
    > I'm using the configuration described at:
    > http://blog.blackdown.de/2005/04/03/logitech-mx1000-configuration/

    Well that's a big step up. My horizontal scrolling is now working
    perfectly. I had never in my life seen a ZAxisMapping line with 4
    buttons, but it seems to do the trick, and it's even worked its way into
    the mouse man page since the last time I remember seeing it. (Running
    current Xorg here, can't speak for XFree86 users)

    Now it's just the vertical scroller issue.

    -
    Jeremy Nickurak

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:2.345 / U:0.048 seconds]