    SubjectRe: Kernel memory
    On 4/28/05, Chris Wedgwood <> wrote:
    > On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:48:31PM -0700, Gilles Pokam wrote:
    > > Can you be more explicit ?
    > why can't you have the parent process of whatever your tracing mess
    > with /dev/kmem or whatever so you don't have to frob the original
    > binary?

    I see the point. Just to test this solution, I tried before to modify
    a test application by mmaping /dev/mem into the application address
    range. Since I don't know apriori which address is going to raise a
    pagefault, I had to mmap the entire memory to the user space. However
    this doesn't work. It looks like there is a limitation on the amount
    of memory you can mmap ?

    > i guess it's not really clear to me what you're doing entirely

    the simplest way to say is: I want the pagefault handler to return a
    memory page when it encounters a pagefault exceptions due to an
    invalid address or incorrect page protection.