SubjectRe: Kernel memory
On 4/28/05, Chris Wedgwood <> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 10:48:31PM -0700, Gilles Pokam wrote:
> > Can you be more explicit ?
> why can't you have the parent process of whatever your tracing mess
> with /dev/kmem or whatever so you don't have to frob the original
> binary?

I see the point. Just to test this solution, I tried before to modify
a test application by mmaping /dev/mem into the application address
range. Since I don't know apriori which address is going to raise a
pagefault, I had to mmap the entire memory to the user space. However
this doesn't work. It looks like there is a limitation on the amount
of memory you can mmap ?

> i guess it's not really clear to me what you're doing entirely

the simplest way to say is: I want the pagefault handler to return a
memory page when it encounters a pagefault exceptions due to an
invalid address or incorrect page protection.

  Last update: 2005-04-29 08:50    [W:0.049 / U:0.104 seconds]