    SubjectRe: x86-64 bad pmds in II

    > It does. Well, I needed to restudy exec_mmap and switch_mm in detail,
    > and having done so, I agree that the only way you can get through
    > exec_mmap's activate_mm without fully flushing the cpu's TLB, is if
    > the active_mm matches the newly allocated mm (itself impossible since
    > there's a reference on the active_mm), and the cpu bit is still set
    > in cpu_vm_mask - precisely not the case if we went through leave_mm.
    > Yet I was claiming your leave_mm fix could flush TLB for exec_mmap
    > where it wasn't already done.
    > Sorry for letting the neatness of my pmd/stack story blind me
    > to its impossibility, and for wasting your time.
    > Hugh
    > -

    Any updated information one should know about this before testing?

    I'm getting bad pmds in; Tyan S2882/dual AMD 246 opterons. The
    problem only occurs when doing some thread intensive task. I'm going to
    try and strace/bt and send some information as it occurs. Hardware is
    almost identical to the setup above.

    -Christopher Warner

      Last update: 2005-04-29 18:06    [W:0.021 / U:3.564 seconds]