    SubjectRe: [UML] Compile error when building with seperate source and object directories
    On Thu, Apr 28, 2005 at 12:45:15AM +0100, Al Viro wrote:
    > On Tue, Apr 26, 2005 at 11:02:38PM -0400, Ryan Anderson wrote:
    > > I've been seeing a build error when trying to build User Mode Linux on
    > > an x86-32 host (Athlon, fwiw). The kernel I'm building is a 1-day old
    > > pull from git. This error is not new, though. I thought it was merely
    > > an artifact of a patch stuck in a queue at first so I didn't mention it
    > > right away.
    >
    > That's because that stuff is not merged yet. Speaking of which, where does
    > the current UML tree live and who should that series be Cc'ed to?

    I think you hit the right people with the Cc: list I started with.

    > I've got a decent split-up and IMO that should be mergable. Patches are
    > on ftp.linux.org.uk/pub/people/viro/UM*; summary in the end of mail.
    > That's a sanitized and split version of old UML-kbuild patch.

    Thanks, this seems to do the trick.

    I had an initial problem, but I think I was just working from a
    directory in a bad state, after nuking my output directory and starting
    over, it seems to be working just fine.

    Thanks for the fix, I have another toy to play with this week now. :)

    --

    Ryan Anderson
    sometimes Pug Majere