On Tuesday 26 April 2005 23:17, Andy Stewart wrote:
> I have a patch that partially solves this situation. My patch allows
> the SATA ATAPI device to be seen, mounted, umounted, and read without
> problem. Writes to the device fail miserably, and I haven't debugged
> that yet. Also, the use of the 'dd' command with my patch works unless
> 'dd' is allowed to read off the end of the CD, in which case there is a
> kernel oops (easily reproduced, and I've not yet debugged that failure,
> but I have a theory).
> Since my patch isn't a complete solution, I haven't told anybody about
> it until now. However, if you are interested in my patch despite its
> limitations, please let me know, and I'll be happy to share it with you.
> My work was done with the kernel and is limited to one or two
> files, if I recall correctly.

I'd very much like to see what you came up with. I'm currently playing with but I doubt there's much difference in this area from .5.

Tais M. Hansen

"If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today's
ideas were invented and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a
complete standstill today." -Bill Gates (1991)[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]