SubjectRe: SATA/ATAPI
Date
On Tuesday 26 April 2005 23:17, Andy Stewart wrote:
> I have a patch that partially solves this situation. My patch allows
> the SATA ATAPI device to be seen, mounted, umounted, and read without
> problem. Writes to the device fail miserably, and I haven't debugged
> that yet. Also, the use of the 'dd' command with my patch works unless
> 'dd' is allowed to read off the end of the CD, in which case there is a
> kernel oops (easily reproduced, and I've not yet debugged that failure,
> but I have a theory).
> Since my patch isn't a complete solution, I haven't told anybody about
> it until now. However, if you are interested in my patch despite its
> limitations, please let me know, and I'll be happy to share it with you.
> My work was done with the 2.6.11.5 kernel and is limited to one or two
> files, if I recall correctly.

I'd very much like to see what you came up with. I'm currently playing with
2.6.11.7 but I doubt there's much difference in this area from .5.

--
Regards,
Tais M. Hansen

"If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today's
ideas were invented and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a
complete standstill today." -Bill Gates (1991)[unhandled content-type:application/pgp-signature]