    SubjectRe: SATA/ATAPI
    Date
    On Tuesday 26 April 2005 23:17, Andy Stewart wrote:
    > I have a patch that partially solves this situation. My patch allows
    > the SATA ATAPI device to be seen, mounted, umounted, and read without
    > problem. Writes to the device fail miserably, and I haven't debugged
    > that yet. Also, the use of the 'dd' command with my patch works unless
    > 'dd' is allowed to read off the end of the CD, in which case there is a
    > kernel oops (easily reproduced, and I've not yet debugged that failure,
    > but I have a theory).
    > Since my patch isn't a complete solution, I haven't told anybody about
    > it until now. However, if you are interested in my patch despite its
    > limitations, please let me know, and I'll be happy to share it with you.
    > My work was done with the 2.6.11.5 kernel and is limited to one or two
    > files, if I recall correctly.

    I'd very much like to see what you came up with. I'm currently playing with
    2.6.11.7 but I doubt there's much difference in this area from .5.

    --
    Regards,
    Tais M. Hansen

    "If people had understood how patents would be granted when most of today's
    ideas were invented and had taken out patents, the industry would be at a
    complete standstill today." -Bill Gates (1991)

      Last update: 2005-04-27 21:13    [W:0.039 / U:151.168 seconds]