SubjectRe: Why Ext2/3 needs immutable attribute?
    Hi Kyle :)

* Kyle Moffett <mrmacman_g4@mac.com> dixit:
> On Apr 23, 2005, at 15:12, DervishD wrote:
> > * Kyle Moffett <mrmacman_g4@mac.com> dixit:
> >>If you chmod 000 /var beforehand (While it's still unmounted, of
> >>course), then it's also blindingly obvious that it's not mounted in
> >>an ls -l :-D. I too have used this trick on many/most of my
> >>systems.
> >I was doing exactly that, but it has its drawbacks: root still
> >can create files by accident. [...]
> Ah, I meant in combination with the above trick:

Oh, yes, I was meaning exactly that. I prefer to have '000'
permissions on directories that act as mountpoints just to see at a
glance whether they are mounted or not. You're right, the chattr +i
is just another protection, not a simple visual one ;)

Raúl Núñez de Arenas Coronado

--
Linux Registered User 88736
http://www.dervishd.net & http://www.pleyades.net/