    SubjectRe: Linux 2.6.12-rc3

    > > Nice, so I now have my own -git tree, with two changes in it...
    > >
    > > Is there way to say "git diff -r origin:" but dump it patch-by-patch
    > > with some usable headers?
    > >
    > > [Looking at git export]
    > Either Linus' demo git-export (NOT the same as git export!), or git
    > patch. In the latest tree, it was extended to accept a range of two
    > commits to process too.
    > Note that the range semantics is rather peculiar at the least. ;-)

    Nice, it seems to work.

    Unfortunately first merge will make it practically unusable :-(.

    git diff -r origin:

    will only list differences between my tree and Linus'.

    git patch origin:

    will list my patches, plus any merges I done... Is there any
    reasonable way to get only "my" changes? When I do not have to resolve
    anything during merge, it should be usable... but that is starting to
    look ugly.

    Boycott Kodak -- for their patent abuse against Java.

      Last update: 2005-04-23 01:22    [W:0.022 / U:0.020 seconds]