    I've been trying for the last few days to get my D810 to suspend and
    resume in linux.

    I'm doing it from klaptop in kde using Fedora Core 3, but I've now
    compiled my own linux-2.6.12-rc2-mm3 kernel since I've seen some ACPI
    changes going in.

    At 2.6.11 it would seem to suspend ok, but when doing the resume it
    would come back and have I/O errors.. causing the computer to freeze for
    a few seconds, then run for a second, then freeze again, etc.. the HDD
    light would stay on solid, and at the tty1 I saw something like "ata1:
    command 0xc8 timeout... I/O error..." So apparently something isn't
    getting starting back up. Thinking it might be the HDD not spinning, I
    powered off, but DID hear it spin down.

    Running what I compiled, 2.6.12-rc2-mm3, the suspend happens a little
    faster but the resume comes to a blank screen, then immediately reboots
    without any messages that I can see.

    I'm very interested in getting this to work and will do whatever someone
    needs to gather information.

    I may need to ask basic kernel info questions when asked to do something
    as I haven't done much trouble shooting at this low a level before but
    I'm game. From googling around this is a problem for many and I would
    like to help resolve it.

    If I need to take this message to another mailing list or another
    individual working on ACPI stuff or something just let me know.

    Any ideas?

      Last update: 2005-04-21 16:19    [W:0.031 / U:13.204 seconds]