    Subjecthang in rest_init, kernel_thread call 2.6.12-rc2
    Hi All,

    I'm currently trying to bring 2.6.12-rc2 up on a board
    using the Freescale 8240 CPU. I'm also using, for the
    most part, the sandpoint platform specific code.

    Currently I am experiencing a hang in the function
    rest_init within init/main.c when the kernel attempts
    to kick off its init thread:

    kernel_thread(init, NULL, CLONE_FS | CLONE_SIGHAND);

    Has anyone seen this behaviour before?

    Currently, in order to debug this I've been writing a
    single character out to the address where the serial
    port lies. That is how I've been able to determine
    exactly where I'm stuck.

    Has anyone else come across this? If so, how were you
    able to debug it? I'd appreciate any tips or tricks
    you might be able to give.

    Thank you in advance for any help you might be able to

      Last update: 2005-04-19 16:51    [W:0.027 / U:3.228 seconds]