SubjectRe: E1000 - page allocation failure - saga continues :(
Lukas Hejtmanek a écrit :

>On Mon, Apr 18, 2005 at 02:24:47PM +0200, Yann Dupont wrote:
>

>>>I know that kernel 2.6.6-bk4 works. So were there some memory manager changes
>>>since 2.6.6? If so it looks like there are some bugs.
>>>On the other hand, ethernet driver should not allocate much memory but rather
>>>drop packets.
>>>
>>>Btw, are you using some TCP tweaks? E.g. I have default TCP window size 1MB.
>>>

>>No tweaking at all. No jumbo frames.
>>

>There were assumptions that it is XFS related. Are you using XFS on that box?
>
>I'm able to deterministically produce this error:
>on XFS partition store a file from network using multiple threads. If file size
>is bigger then total memory, then it fails after major part of memory is used
>for a file cache.

Ah yes, this is the case.
XFS all over ...

The server is quite heavily stressed, we have a bunch of servers
rsyncing on a big SAN volume - formatted with XFS, that's right.
(and, if that matters, XFS in on top of a EVMS volume (on top of a LVM2
region)...)

--
Yann Dupont, Cri de l'université de Nantes
Tel: 02.51.12.53.91 - Fax: 02.51.12.58.60 - Yann.Dupont@univ-nantes.fr