SubjectRe: [INFO] Kernel strict versioning
Adrian Bunk wrote:
> Are you sure you know what you are talking about?
>
> ABI stability requires API stability [1].

Of course it requires API stability... as I said ``API and data
structure stability should be something in mind''. I really meant that
API shouldn't change suddenly. And from the moment in which API are
stable, still having even different implementations, *then* (not before)
probably ABI can be taken in consideration.

> [1] you can break the API without breaking the ABI, but these are
> mostly pathological examples

I don't want to even think about an incredible coincidence of having a
_working_ ABI with different API... different function calls, different
data structures, different behaviors, and still working in binary mode...

--
Sensei <mailto:senseiwa@tin.it> <pgp:8998A2DB>
<icqnum:241572242>

  Last update: 2005-04-15 00:58    [W:0.103 / U:0.424 seconds]