SubjectRe: insmod segfault in pci_find_subsys()
Arjan van de Ven wrote:

>>Yes. You are right. I actually mentioned this on a different thread: I
>>eventually found out that the kernel was compiled with -mregparam=3, and
>>the module was not. This option seems to have been added to the default
>>config and/or Red Hat's build setup sometime before the current kernel
>>release, but after the start of the 2.6 series...
>that means your makefile indeed is utterly bust. A correct makefile for
>an external module correctly and automatically inherits all the CFLAGs
>used by the kernel.
Yes. As I've (also) already said elsewhere, I knew that, really. The
current build setup fails to do this partly for historical reasons,
partly because the driver also supports different OSes. (And is still
expected to build correctly with Linux 2.4, not just 2.6.)

>Care to point to a full URL of your module so that we can help you by
>sending patches?
Official (info page) URL is

The most recent source is probably