    SubjectRe: insmod segfault in pci_find_subsys()

    > Yes. You are right. I actually mentioned this on a different thread: I
    > eventually found out that the kernel was compiled with -mregparam=3, and
    > the module was not. This option seems to have been added to the default
    > config and/or Red Hat's build setup sometime before the current kernel
    > release, but after the start of the 2.6 series...

    that means your makefile indeed is utterly bust. A correct makefile for
    an external module correctly and automatically inherits all the CFLAGs
    used by the kernel.

    Care to point to a full URL of your module so that we can help you by
    sending patches?

      Last update: 2005-04-13 13:17    [W:0.019 / U:2.828 seconds]