SubjectRe: Exploit in 2.6 kernels
On Tue, 2005-04-12 at 14:08 -0700, Chris Wright wrote:
> * John M Collins ( wrote:
> > Thanks to everyone for the pointers on this one I've rebuilt the kernels
> > and we'll see what happens.
> BTW, I'd recommend updating to so that you're protected from
> another local root exploit.

I'll do that - trouble is round where I am they dish out Nvidia cards
like confetti, I've got them in the machine I use most and another 2 and
you have to do all that gyrating with running the script to FTP down and
build the secret module before you can run X. This is a big disincentive
when it comes to installing new kernels.

I wish some kind soul would speak nicely to Nvidia and get them to see
reason on the point but I suspect I'm not the first person to wish that.
(Or is there a sneaky way of patching the modules so they'll work in
another kernel without tainting it?).

John Collins Xi Software Ltd Tel: +44 (0)1707 886110
(Direct) +44 (0)7799 113162 (Mobile)