SubjectRe: [RFC] FUSE permission modell (Was: fuse review bits)
> > > Note that NFS checks the permissions on _both_ the client and server,
> > > for a reason.
> >
> > Does it? If I read the code correctly the client checks credentials
> > supplied by the server (or cached). But the server does the actual
> > checking of permissions.
> >
> > Am I missing something?
>
> Yes, for NFSv2, this test in nfs_permssion():
>
> if (!NFS_PROTO(inode)->access)
> goto out;

I've seen that, I just thought that was for some broken servers not
for all NFSv2 servers.

Anyway that's been fixed in NFSv3, so obviously the "permission
checking on both sides" wasn't optimal :)

> And for either version of NFS, if the uid and gid are non-zero, and
> the permission bits indicate that an access is permitted, then the
> client does not consult the server for permission.

Where's that? I see no such check.

Thanks,
Miklos