    SubjectRe: [RFC] FUSE permission modell (Was: fuse review bits)
    > > > Note that NFS checks the permissions on _both_ the client and server,
    > > > for a reason.
    > >
    > > Does it? If I read the code correctly the client checks credentials
    > > supplied by the server (or cached). But the server does the actual
    > > checking of permissions.
    > >
    > > Am I missing something?
    >
    > Yes, for NFSv2, this test in nfs_permssion():
    >
    > if (!NFS_PROTO(inode)->access)
    > goto out;

    I've seen that, I just thought that was for some broken servers not
    for all NFSv2 servers.

    Anyway that's been fixed in NFSv3, so obviously the "permission
    checking on both sides" wasn't optimal :)

    > And for either version of NFS, if the uid and gid are non-zero, and
    > the permission bits indicate that an access is permitted, then the
    > client does not consult the server for permission.

    Where's that? I see no such check.

    Thanks,
    Miklos

      Last update: 2005-04-12 19:32    [W:0.032 / U:122.428 seconds]