SubjectRe: New SCM and commit list
On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 10:25:22PM -0500, James Bottomley wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-04-10 at 16:26 -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > > If yes, then I would appreciate if you could either keep the same list,
> > > or if you want to change the list name, keep the subscriber list so
> > > those of us who actually archive it don't miss anything ;)
> >
> > I didn't even set up the list. I think it's Bottomley. I'm cc'ing him just
> > so that he sees the message, but I don't actually expect him to do
> > anything about it. I'm not even ready to start _testing_ real merges yet.
> > But I hope that I can get non-conflicting merges done fairly soon, and
> > maybe I can con James or Jeff or somebody to try out GIT then...
>
> Not guilty. If I remember correctly, the list was set up by the vger
> list maintainers (davem and company). It was tied to a trigger in one
> of your trees (which I think Larry did). It shouldn't be too difficult
> to add to git ... it just means traversing all the added patches on a
> merge and sending out mail.
>
> I can try out your source control tools ... I have some rc fixes
> ready ... when you're ready to try out merges...

I have some rc fixes too, let us know when you are ready to accept them,
and what format you want them in.

I have a feeling that the kernel.org mirror system is just going to
_love_ us using it to store temporary git trees :)

thanks,

greg k-h

  Last update: 2005-04-11 23:07    [W:0.113 / U:1.616 seconds]