    SubjectRe: [2.6.12-rc2][suspend] resume occuring twice before suspend to suspend-to-disk
    Date
    Hi,

    On Monday, 11 of April 2005 21:31, Shawn Starr wrote:
    > I've noticed that when I do a suspend to disk. The
    > machine suspends PCI devices once (I notice this
    > because the ipw2200 wireless card shows its
    > suspending, then it locks/parks the HD heads, but then
    > all PCI devices are woken up and resume. The HD spins
    > up and then dumps memory contents to swap partition,
    > then it suspends all devices again? :)
    >
    > Is this the right behaviour?

    It is like that by design. The devices are suspened before we create the
    system image (so that they do not get in the way) and we should wake
    up some of them afterwards so that we can write the image to the swap
    partition. Currently, we wake up all devices, which is not very efficient,
    but it is simple enough to allow us to hunt bugs more easily. Finally, the
    system is just powered off.

    Greets,
    Rafael

    --
    - Would you tell me, please, which way I ought to go from here?
    - That depends a good deal on where you want to get to.