SubjectRT and Signals

I'm not sure if this has changed at all in recent RT patches, but I've
noticed several issues popping up that are related to the timer
interrupt sending signals , one in particular is the fact that
send_sig() calls into __cache_alloc() which has it's interrupt disable
protections removed in RT . I've observed slab corruption due to this
while running lmbench and LTP .

Another issue was a livelock related to the timer interrupt calling
send_sig which locks tasklist_lock and siglock , which are both mutexes
(deadlock detect was on , but didn't trigger)..

LTP and lmbench seem to bring all these issues to the surface, but they
are all different depending on the architecture. I've been treating the
symptoms , but not the disease .. Ultimately , we need some protections,
in signal deliver, to stop the timer interrupt ..

Daniel

  Last update: 2005-04-11 19:19    [W:0.041 / U:0.196 seconds]