    SubjectRe: New SCM and commit list
    On Sun, Apr 10, 2005 at 11:15:20PM -0700, Linus Torvalds wrote:
    > On Mon, 11 Apr 2005, Jeff Garzik wrote:
    > > > But I hope that I can get non-conflicting merges done fairly soon, and
    > > > maybe I can con James or Jeff or somebody to try out GIT then...
    > >
    > > I don't mind being a guinea pig as long as someone else does the hard
    > > work of finding a new way to merge :)
    > So I can tell you what merges are going to be like, just to prepare you.
    > First, the good news: I think we can make the workflow look like bk, ie
    > pretty much like "git pull" and "git push". And for well-behaved stuff
    > (ie minimal changes to the same files on both sides) it will even be fast.
    > I think.

    If you can stick something meaningful in a simple text file, overwritten
    after each merge completes, similar to the BitKeeper/csets-in file, it
    should be trivial to write a wrapper for the basic merge tool that calls
    a trigger after each merge and uses csets-in to generate diffs and email
    them out.

    Ryan Anderson
    sometimes Pug Majere

      Last update: 2005-04-11 08:45    [W:0.457 / U:0.012 seconds]