SubjectRe: queue_work from interrupt Real time preemption2.6.11-rc2-RT-V0.7.37-03

* Mark Gross <mgross@linux.intel.com> wrote:

> BTW:
>
> My work on this has been mostly in the context of a 2.6 kernel based
> generalization of a softIRQ as thread patch for 2.4 that enables
> priority tuning of the bottom half processing as well as /proc support
> for turning on and off the feature. We got it to work.
>
> However; I don't know what good workloads and metrics to measure the
> goodness of the work look like. If folks think priority tuning of
> bottom half processing is worth persuing and can help me quantify its
> effectiveness better than running a jitter test while doing a BONNIE
> test run on a SCSI JBOD, then I'm happy to do more with this.

anything that generates a consistent interrupt rate is pretty good for
testing. Networking is the most softirq-dependent code, so i'd say
tbench over a real network ought to be a good benchmark.

Ingo

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.045 / U:1.880 seconds]