    SubjectRe: [rfc/rft] Fujitsu B-Series Lifebook PS/2 TouchScreen driver
    Sorry for the late response.

    Am Dienstag, den 01.03.2005, 13:08 +0100 schrieb Vojtech Pavlik:
    > On Tue, Mar 01, 2005 at 09:11:49AM +0100, Kenan Esau wrote:
    > > > This looks like it either expects some other data (like a second
    > > > parameter to the command?) or just wants the 0x07 again (and not the
    > > > whole command) to make sure you really mean it.
    > > >
    > > > Could you try sending 0xe8 0x07 0x07?
    > >
    > > My old driver did that. But with the same result. It doesn't seem to
    > > matter what the first and the second bytes are -- the answers from the
    > > device are alway the same.
    > So even 0xe8 0x03 returns error?

    No -- I meant only 0xe8 0x07 and 0xe8 0x06 . For those it doesn't matter
    if you repeat the parameter or send something else. The answers from the
    device for those command/parameters are always the same.

    > Maybe we should send a command after this (any command), to make sure
    > the
    > psmouse->set_rate(psmouse, psmouse->rate);
    > call succeeds and is not confused by the 0xfc response.

    OK -- I will send the command after 0xe8 0x07 twice.

    > > > I'd suggest using psmouse.proto=lifebook
    > >
    > > The current patch has implemented it that way. But the meaning is a
    > > little bit different. With proto=lifebook you ENFORCE the lifebook
    > > protocol. As far as I read the meaning of the other ones this does not
    > > really enforce these protocols.
    > That's OK. I'd like to keep the DMI probing as well, though, so it's not
    > absolutely necessary to provide the parameter.

    You mean if the device is in the appropriate DMI-database use the
    lifebook protocol and if the parameter is provided use it also (although
    it might not be in the DMI database)?

    > > > The external mouse has to be in bare PS/2 mode anyway, so we don't need
    > > > to care.
    > >
    > > Why that?
    > Can you send any commands to the external mouse? How the touchscreen
    > reacts when the mouse starts sending 4-byte responses?

    No idea yet -- I will test this.

    > We process the
    > external mouse packets inside lifebook.c anyway and we don't have any
    > support for the enhanced protocols there.

    Ah OK.

    I personally never used an external mouse. But last weekend I played
    around a little bit and recognized that there are some BIOS-settings
    which control the behavior of the touchscreen, quickpoint-device and
    external mouse. I have to play around with those a little bit more. But
    as far as I can see you can never have all three at the same time.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.042 / U:36.120 seconds]