    SubjectRe: Linux
    Shawn Starr wrote:
    > Sure, I can do this. Wrt to trivial patches, will these patches that go into
    > rusty's patch bot go into Linus's tree or into the -mm tree?
    > The reason I ask that is because a trivial patch may fix an oops if there's an
    > off-by-one problem and typically I'd submit that to the trivial patch bot.

    No offense intended, but Rusty's trivial bot is often too slow
    for critical patches, so trivial-but-critical would be better off
    going to thru the x.y tree IMO.

    > That's why I was wondering about why this tree doesn't except trivial changes.

    It will if they fix real problems that people are experiencing.

    The trivil bot and/or kernel-janitors paths for patches are better
    used for slow/non-critical patches, not patches that need quick
    attention and merging.

    > Thanks,
    > Shawn.
    > On March 6, 2005 00:06, you wrote:
    >>On Sat, Mar 05, 2005 at 01:16:10AM -0500, Shawn Starr wrote:
    >>>Sounds great, I can be a QA resource for what machines I have.
    >>>How do people get involved in QAing these releases?
    >>Get the last release and test it out. If you have problems, and have
    >>simple/obvious patches, send them on.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.022 / U:7.712 seconds]