SubjectRe: RivaFB and GeForce FX
> Dude you completely forgot the important parts of the code!!
> Sorry I didn't reply to you in that previous e-mail before, I was
> busy, but those vplB and 'format' stuff WAS important, without it, I
> got strange distortions on screen and refreshes were "lagged"... The
> ONLY things you can remove from my patch is the debugging stuff, the
> cursor stuff, and those 2 lines which I commented out in fbdev.c . All
> the rest, HAS to stay, without it rivafb on GeforceFX 5200 (what I
> have) just doesn't work RIGHT. It "works", but it's awful.
>
> - ods15

Oops. I defer to your experience. I didn't notice that much wrong with
it, but definitely something that looked like lagging refreshes - I
described it in more detail in the previous message.

The important parts of the code need reworking to fit in with subsequent
changes. I'm up for that, but I may need some help in terms of
maintaining good taste; the NV_ARCH_30 case may need to be separated out
a little more than it is at the moment. I'll post again when I have
something working right.

I owe you an apology; I could not expect you to reply to my query about
the vpllB stuff immediately, and I should have waited until you had.

Also, given that we both tried this on the GeForce FX 5200, and the
single FX card supported under 2.6.11 is a the Mac version of the
GeForce FX GO 5200, it might be a good idea to limit the cards to the
5200 series for the time being.

Yours apologetically,
Alan

PS The email I sent the maintainer bounced anyway

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.102 / U:1.128 seconds]