    On Fri, Mar 04, 2005 at 03:26:32AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > Russell King <> wrote:
    > >
    > > On Wed, Mar 02, 2005 at 08:38:12PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
    > > > Grump. Have all these regressions received the appropriate level of
    > > > visibility on this mailing list?
    > >
    > > Looking at the site, it appears that all -mm versions
    > > have broken ARM support with the defconfig, while Linus kernels at least
    > > build fine.
    > It's very much in an arch maintainer's interest to make sure that
    > cross-compilers are easily obtainable. Any hints?

    Been trying to achieve that since it's a FAQ on ARM lists. Even gone to
    the extent of setting up a separate mailing list, getting a volunteer to
    track what people want and do the hard work to build them. That was
    about 6 months ago, and I haven't seen any results.

    I was thinking at the time "great, this is one problem which should be
    solved". How silly of me. It seems, yet again, that it comes down to
    a case of "if rmk doesn't do it, it won't get done." Sad but true.
    Now, why do I keep feeling that I'm being taken advantage of all the
    time? Could it be the complete lack of productive help from anyone else.

    Anyway, going back to why -mm doesn't work:

    arch/arm/kernel/built-in.o(.init.text+0xb64): In function `$a':
    : undefined reference to `rd_size'
    make[1]: *** [.tmp_vmlinux1] Error 1

    So "rd_size" got deleted in -mm kernels without reference to anyone else
    who's using it. Greeeeaaatttt....

    Russell King
    Linux kernel 2.6 ARM Linux -
    maintainer of: 2.6 Serial core

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.020 / U:95.436 seconds]