SubjectRe: smp/swsusp done right

> > This is against -mm kernel; it is smp swsusp done right, and it
> > actually works for me. Unlike previous hacks, it uses cpu hotplug
> > infrastructure. Disable CONFIG_MTRR before you try this...
> >
> > Test this if you can, and report any problems. If not enough people
> > scream, this is going to -mm.
> Yay! Thanks for getting that done Pavel =)

Well, I guess it is thank you -- I got rid of ugly FIXME that would
involve arch-dependend assembly to be solved properly.

... hmm, can play_dead handle all the memory being overwritten? Also
it should probably save and restore registers including MTRRs. I more moved ugly FIXME to better place. Oh well, at least it
uses common infrastructure now. People at Intel doing suspend-to-RAM
on smp systems will need to solve it properly, anyway, because they
need to go to real mode and back.

  Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.044 / U:2.680 seconds]