On Thu, 3 Mar 2005, Chris Friesen wrote:
> Linus Torvalds wrote:
> > I'll tell you what the problem is: I don't think you'll find anybody to do
> > the parallell "only trivial patches" tree.
> Isn't this what -ac and -as effectively already are?

No. They both end up doing a lot of much fancier stuff. There are patches
in there that I may not be comfortable with, because they end up doing
things like totally re-doing the locking for some subsystem.

Yes, they end up re-doing _broken_ locking, but the point is that they are
not obvious. They are just "more careful" versions of the -mm tree.