    SubjectRe: [OOPS] 2.6.11 - NMI lockup with CFQ scheduler

    --- Jens Axboe <> wrote:
    > Yes, it probably is. What happens is that you insert the stick and do io
    > against it, which sets up a process io context for that device. That
    > context persists until the process exits (or later, if someone still
    > holds a reference to it), but the queue_lock will be dead when you yank
    > the usb device.
    > It is quite a serious problem, not just for CFQ. SCSI referencing is
    > badly broken there.

    That would explain why it was nautilus which caused the oops then. Does this mean that the major
    distros aren't using the CFQ then? Because how else can they be avoiding this oops with USB
    storage devices?

      Last update: 2005-04-06 13:31    [W:0.021 / U:1.628 seconds]