SubjectRe: [patch 03/12] uml: export getgid for hostfs
Date
On Tuesday 22 March 2005 19:11, Christoph Hellwig wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 22, 2005 at 05:21:23PM +0100, blaisorblade@yahoo.it wrote:
> > Export this symbol which is not satisfied currently. The code using it
> > has been merged, so please export this symbol.

> and it's still bogus, and you haven't replied when I mentioned it last
> time.
In this moment I need to clean up the missing symbol. If anyone wants to
remove the code using this, then he might post a patch explictly removing it,
and getting it refused probably.

Or at least CC uml-devel when discussing those problems. I'm not currently
able to find on marc.theaimsgroup.com the mail you talk about. Can you please
provide the URL to the discussion? (even on any other archive you like,
obviously).

That said, there are people still using that code, so it should be kept in.

Also, you blocked an important patch (the one adding ->release to
hw_interrupt_type) saying that *perhaps* UML should avoid having any hard
irq, a la S390. You forced so the merge of a very ugly patch manually calling
what should have been UML's release method (i.e. free_irq_by_irq_and_dev) in
every place calling free_irq() (and in fact one was missed at first). Might
you reconsider your position on that issue ? (URL of the discussion below)

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&w=2&r=3&s=uml+irq&q=b

The patch adding the generic handling is this one:

http://marc.theaimsgroup.com/?l=linux-kernel&m=109834481320519&w=2

--
Paolo Giarrusso, aka Blaisorblade
Linux registered user n. 292729