SubjectRe: 2.6.11 oops in skb_drop_fraglist
Andrew Morton wrote:
> Chuck Lever <cel@citi.umich.edu> wrote:
>
>>testing NFS client workloads on a dual Pentium-III system running 2.6.11
>>with some NFS patches. i hit this oops while doing simple-minded ftps
>>and tars.
>>
>>the system locks up once or twice a day under this workload. this is
>>the first time i had the console and captured the oops output.
>>

> Chuck, I didn't see any followup to this. Is it still happening in current
> kernels?

i have not been able to reproduce it with the aforementioned NFS patches
removed. i'm now convinced it was a bug in one of the NFS patches i had
applied, even though none of them come near the fraglist stuff, but i
haven't had a chance to nail it down.

i had implemented a patch to cause the RPC client to reuse the port
number when reconnecting to the server after the server drops the
connection... this is a standard practice for other RPC implementations.
i suspect it was that patch that was causing the trouble.

thanks for the follow-up!
begin:vcard
fn:Chuck Lever
n:Lever;Charles
org:Network Appliance, Incorporated;Linux NFS Client Development
adr:535 West William Street, Suite 3100;;Center for Information Technology Integration;Ann Arbor;MI;48103-4943;USA
email;internet:cel@citi.umich.edu
title:Member of Technical Staff
tel;work:+1 734 763-4415
tel;fax:+1 734 763 4434
tel;home:+1 734 668-1089
x-mozilla-html:FALSE
url:http://www.monkey.org/~cel/
version:2.1
end:vcard

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.087 / U:0.304 seconds]