    SubjectRe: i830 DRM problems
    Andrew Morton a écrit :
    > Dave Airlie <airlied@gmail.com> wrote:
    >
    >>>I am experiencing problems with DRM on my Dell Optiplex GX260.
    >>>I am running a Debian Sarge with Vanilla Linux 2.6.11 and XFree 4.3.0.
    >>>This one appeared while playing crack-attack and lead to a crash
    >>>of the X server.
    >>>

    >>a) does it work with 2.6.10?
    >>b) does it work if you turn off intelfb?
    >>

    > afacit we're still waiting for an answer from Brice on this one?

    Sorry about that, we start to talk about it in private with Dave.
    But, I did not really it since Keenan Pepper told me it was due
    to a bug in the XFree 4.3 driver.
    I am now using Xorg and didn't see any DRM problem since.
    However, I can't confirm that my bug was surely due to the XFree driver
    and not to the kernel driver since Xorg uses i915 instead of i830.
    Keenan, do you have details ?

    I was also talking about a problem in intelfb on this box (i845G).
    Basically, it works great during startup. But from what I remember, it
    always crashes when switching from X to a text console.
    I'll try to debug this one soon.

    Brice

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.022 / U:0.124 seconds]