SubjectRe: [linux-pm] potential pitfall? changing configuration while PC in hibernate (fwd)
Date
Hi!

It is real stupid, that Linux kernel freezes when simply during hibernate I
change Bluetooth dongle to USB mouse in my USB port.

And it is not uncommon problem - I have BT dongle that starts in HID proxy
mode and then I switch it to HCI mode. So I hibernate with BT dongle and
after hibernate Linux only reads image from Swap and then freezes! :( Problem
is, that It delete image from swap imeditially after reading it, so when I
tried is simply with USB mouse (hibernate without it and plug it when
notebook was switched off) it doesn't read it from swap ever and I lost all
my memory :(

I can do nothing with this behavior of my dongle and there is no known way how
to switch it back to HID-proxy mode before hibernate (Marcel correct me if I
am wrong) - CSR based dongle D-Link with Apple firmware.

Windows knows it and doesn't have problem with it for 5 years! :)

Laptop is all Intel based, kernel 2.6.11.5-vanilla, gcc 3.4.3, Debian testing

Michal

--
S pozdravem

Michal Semler