    SubjectRe: [rfc/rft] Fujitsu B-Series Lifebook PS/2 TouchScreen driver
    On Mon, 21 Mar 2005 16:31:08 +0100, Kenan Esau <kenan.esau@conan.de> wrote:
    > Am Montag, den 21.03.2005, 09:52 -0500 schrieb Dmitry Torokhov:

    > > > Thanks, I applied this version of the patch to my tree. It'll appear in
    > > > next -mm, and in 2.6.13.
    > > >

    > > There are couple of things that I an concerned with:
    > >
    > > 1. I don't like that it overrides meaning of max_proto parameter to be
    > > exactly the protocol specified.
    >
    > Yeah -- I agree. I also don't like that double-meaning. That was the
    > reason why I originally proposed the use of a new parameter...
    >
    > > However, if you take my psmouse
    > > protocol switching through sysfs patch we can drop that change and
    > > require that non auto-detectable protocols be activated through sysfs
    > > after loading the driver.
    >
    > I think that would also be a good solution.
    >
    > > 2. It looks like it bypasses rate and resolution setting in
    > > psmouse_initialize. What was the reason for it? Does setting rate or
    > > resolution disturbs lifebook mode? If so the driver has to implement
    > > it's own set_rate and set_resolution handlers so when one tries to
    > > change rate from userspace (through sysfs) the request would be
    > > ignored.
    >
    > IMHO it does not make sense to call psmouse_initialize() although it
    > does not disturb lifebook-mode. But setting resolution is already done
    > during lifebook_initialize(). And there psmouse->set_resolution() and
    > psmouse->set_rate() are used so setting resolution and rate should also
    > work via sysfs.

    Oh, I see. But I think that setting rate and resolution as well as
    enabling the device should be removed from lifebook_initialize.
    *_initialize() functions should only be used to set up corresponding
    protocol, the reset of the initializationis done by psmouse-base
    independent of the protocol used.

    --
    Dmitry