SubjectSuspend-to-disk woes
Hello, I experienced a pretty nasty problem a couple of days back:

I ran 2.6.11-ck1 and built 2.6.11-ck2. The last thing I did before
booting the new kernel was to suspend-to-disk the old kernel (something
I usually do as I'm working on this laptop).
I ran the new kernel a couple of days and decided to boot the old kernel
to do some performance tests. Imagine my dread as the old kernel instead
of detecting that the system has booted another kernel just reloads the
old suspend-to-disk image. The result is that after succesfully
resuming, my harddrive goes bonkers and starts to work. After a couple
of minutes the whole kernel hangs. I reboot and try to boot the -ck2
kernel again only to find that the system complains as it finds missing
nodes. The reisertools try to rebuild the system unsucessully. The
--rebuild-tree parameter worked but a lot of files were still missing.
In the end I had to reinstall the whole system as it went so unstable.

My question is: Why isn't there a check before resuming a
suspend-to-disk image if the system has booted another kernel since the
suspend to prevent this kind of hassle?
//Regards Erik Andrén

Please cc me as I'm not on the lkml list yadda yadda

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.078 / U:1.420 seconds]