SubjectRe: [ACPI] IDE failure on ACPI resume
Matthew Garrett wrote:
> On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 20:53 -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
>

>>Sounds like PCI not being completely restored. We had to work around
>>some weird ATA issues in FreeBSD with the status register being invalid
>>for quite a while after resume. A retry loop was the solution.
>

> FreeBSD seems to fail in the same way on the same hardware,
> unfortunately. I'm leaning towards suspecting that we need to be doing
> something with the contents of the _GTF method, but by the looks of that
> that requires us to be able to work out which methods correspond to
> which hardware. Is anyone working on implementing this?

Very interesting. I was hoping to someday have _GTF et al implemented
but the ATA knowledge required was above my head. I also strongly
suspected that the info published by _GTF would likely be invalid. Does
Windows actually use that method or just hardcoded ATA initialization?

--
Nate