    SubjectRe: [ACPI] IDE failure on ACPI resume
    Matthew Garrett wrote:
    > On Sun, 2005-03-13 at 20:53 -0800, Nate Lawson wrote:
    >>Sounds like PCI not being completely restored. We had to work around
    >>some weird ATA issues in FreeBSD with the status register being invalid
    >>for quite a while after resume. A retry loop was the solution.
    > FreeBSD seems to fail in the same way on the same hardware,
    > unfortunately. I'm leaning towards suspecting that we need to be doing
    > something with the contents of the _GTF method, but by the looks of that
    > that requires us to be able to work out which methods correspond to
    > which hardware. Is anyone working on implementing this?

    Very interesting. I was hoping to someday have _GTF et al implemented
    but the ATA knowledge required was above my head. I also strongly
    suspected that the info published by _GTF would likely be invalid. Does
    Windows actually use that method or just hardcoded ATA initialization?

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.022 / U:4.396 seconds]