SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] [announce 0/7] fbsplash - The Framebuffer Splash

> DRM doesn't know a thing about 3D. All it does is DMA, memory
> management and queue things up for the GPU to work on. You don't even
> have to have a GPU processor you could use the CPU to execute the
> commands.
>
> It's the code up in mesa that knows about 3D and builds the commands
> to be sent to DRM.

Not all devices are DMA. Personally since it is generic DMA engine then
why not move it to the device api so everyone could use it. We already
have DMA pools. Actually I have started some work for some generic DMA
handling for the device api core but I have other fish to fry first.

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.137 / U:0.032 seconds]