SubjectRe: Fix irq_affinity write from /proc for IPF
On Mon, Mar 14, 2005 at 03:59:23PM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> Ashok Raj <ashok.raj@intel.com> wrote:
> >

> "ia64" is preferred, please. Nobody knows what an IPF is.

Right!. Sorry about that.

> Is it not possible for ia64's ->set_affinity() handler to do this deferring?

There are other places where we re-program, and its fine to call the
current version of set_affinity directly, like when we are doing cpu offline
and trying to force migrate irqs for ia64.

Changing the default set_affinity() for ia64 would result in many changes,
this still keeps the same purpose of those access functions, and
differentiates the proc write cases alone without changing the meaning
of those handler functions. (and a smaller patch)

this would further complicate the force migrate irq's when we consider
MSI interrupts as well. Since it would have its own set_affinity, and we need
to hack into MSI's set affinity handler as well which would complicate things.

--
Cheers,
Ashok Raj