SubjectRe: mouse&keyboard with 2.6.10+
Vojtech Pavlik wrote:
[]
>>In 2.6.9 (it works just fine too, problem happens with 2.6.10 and up
>>only), there's no such parameter in drivers/pci/quirks.c. Hmm.
>
> Any chance the order of module loading changed between the two versions?
> I see you have 'psmouse' as a module. If i8042 (and psmouse) are loaded
> after uhci-hcd (or ohci-hcd), the problem will disappear, too.

Yes, the prob disappears if usb controller driver is loaded before the
mouse driver. Obviously I didn't know USB is "involved" here so I never
looked at the problem from this point of view before. Now when I looked
at it, I see I have uhci-hcd driver being loaded in my 2.6.9 initrd,
before mouse (I removed it after as it wasn't needed). I also tried
BIOS - the mouse is flaky too, similar to 2.6.10 behaviour.

Interesting. I was looking at the difference in input subsystem
between 2.6.9 and 2.6.10 -- obviously there's nothing relevant here! ;)

>>So is this a bios/mobo problem,
>
> Yes.

Never had any single problem with this hardware so far. But.. uh-oh.
Well.. it's only 2.6 kernel that encounters problem with it for now,
so it must be the kernel... ;)

>>or can it be solved in kernel somehow?
>
> We could have usb-handoff by default.

What's the consequences of this?
If it does not hurt (does it?), why not to enable it?
And if it does not hurt, I can enable it in our default netboot
image as well.. if not to see whenever all our machines will work
ok with this parameter.

Thank you very much - this mysterious problem.. I was trying to
find the solution for quite some time before posting to LKML,
without any success, and the solution was already here! ;)

/mjt

  Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.072 / U:0.300 seconds]