    SubjectRe: Average power consumption in S3?
    On Sat, Mar 12, 2005 at 10:48:21AM +1100, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:

    > I'm hesitant to switch a whitelist because of a couple of settings in
    > there that are specific to the way the chip is wired on the mobo.
    > Apparently, thinkpads are similar enough to Macs, but I wouldn't bet on
    > this beeing "commmon"...

    If this is true, then ATI probably won't be able to tell us anything
    useful, so we're only going to find out if people in the Thinkpad
    division are willing to tell us something useful (and their track
    record for being helpful has not been particularly stellar).

    And what I was thinking about doing was having the CONFIG option only
    do it for machines that were detected as being IBM Thinkpads, not all
    Radeon chips. The blacklist would be for specific IBM thinkpad
    models; what I'm guessing here is that it's likely that all or most
    modern IBM thinkpads are going to be wired the same way on the
    motherboard.

    - Ted

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.020 / U:59.248 seconds]