    SubjectRe: AGP bogosities
    Bjorn Helgaas writes:

    > HP ia64 and parisc boxes are similar. The host bridges do not appear
    > as PCI devices. We discover them via ACPI on ia64 and PDC on parisc.

    On PPC/PPC64 machines, the host bridges generally do not appear as PCI
    devices either. *However*, the AGP spec requires a set of registers
    in PCI config space for controlling the target (host) side of the AGP
    bus. In other words you are required to have a PCI device to
    represent the host side of the AGP bus, with a capability structure in
    its config space which contains the standard AGP registers.

    The lspci that was posted showed no such device, which was why Ben was
    querying it. Maybe your systems aren't fully AGP-compliant, in which
    case much of the generic code won't be usable on your systems.

    Paul.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.033 / U:0.072 seconds]