    From: Jan Kara []
    Sent: Friday, March 11, 2005 6:37 AM
    To: Santosh Gupta
    Subject: Re: fsck error on flashcard with ext2 filesystem

    just a reminder for the next time - please keep the lines length under 80

    > Detailed Description
    > -----------------------------
    > I am using Core Linux system on flashcard. Its another minimal linux
    > distribution. Root filesystem is cramfs and a rw partition on flash is
    > ext2. The system is always shutdown properly and initial fsck upon
    > bootup shows no error. But if I delete a file on flash card and run
    > fsck, it gives error in fsck. On umount and mounting again (or
    > reboot), fsck shows no problem. Issuing "sync" command doesnt make any
    > difference.
    > Why is the disk not getting updated with filesystem metadata even
    > after I wait for so long?
    Hmm, it may be a cache aliasing issue (anyway doing fsck on a mounted
    filesystem is asking for a trouble and basically nobody promisses any
    result). But you may try doing something like:
    sync; blockdev --flushbufs

    before a fsck.

    Jan Kara <>
    SuSE CR Labs

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.023 / U:1.852 seconds]