    SubjectRe: [Linux-fbdev-devel] [announce 0/7] fbsplash - The Framebuffer Splash

    > > > Thats why moving the eye candy console into user space is such a good
    > > > idea. You don't have to run it 8) It also means that the console
    > > > development is accessible to all the crazy rasterman types.
    > >
    > > Yep. The basic console we already have. Everyone who wants eye candy can switch
    > > from basic console to user space console in early userspace.
    > >
    > Heh, I'm afraid it does not work like that. Anyone who wants eye-candy
    > simply applies broken patch to their kernel... unless their distribution applied one
    > already.
    > Situation where we have one working eye-candy patch would certainly
    > be an improvement.

    Why do we need patches in the kernel. Just set you config to
    vgacon. Then have a userspace app using /dev/fb and /dev/input create a
    userland console. There is no need to do special hacks in the kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:11    [W:0.019 / U:7.244 seconds]