SubjectRe: AGP bogosities
On Thu, 2005-03-10 at 20:02 -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> On Thursday, March 10, 2005 6:38 pm, Benjamin Herrenschmidt wrote:
> > That one is even worse... from what I see in your lspci output, you have
> > no bridge with AGP capability at all, and the various AGP devices are
> > all siblings...
>
> Both of the video cards are sitting on agp busses in agp slots hooked up to
> host to agp bridges.
>
> > Are you sure there is any real AGP slot in there ?
>
> Yes :)

Well, according to your lspci, none of the bridges exposes a device with
AGP capabilities... It looks like you aren't exposing the host "self"
device on the bus. Do you have an AGP driver ? If yes, it certainly
can't use any of the generic code anyway ...

I still think that the matching between a bridge and a card should be a
bridge callback (with eventually a generic one that works for whatever
x86 are around) so that the bridge driver can deal with funky layouts. I
have no time to toy with this at the moment though ;)

Ben.

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans