    SubjectRe: move-accounting-function-calls-out-of-critical-vm-code-paths.patch
    Selon Jay Lan <>:

    > CSA is currently implemented as a loadable module. I think ELSA is the
    > same, right? The use of the enhanced accounting data collection
    > code is not in the kernel tree. That was why Andrew did not see usage of
    > the accounting patches. Should i propose to include the CSA module in
    > the kernel then, Andrew? :)

    In fact there is a module in ELSA but it's just to keep a trace of the processes
    hierarchy in order to do processes group management and process group
    accounting in user space.

    The process group management is done by a user space daemon and the process
    group accounting is done by a user space application that computes information
    provided by BSD-per process accounting and/or CSA accounting with information
    provided by the user space daemon.

    Thus currently there is a module that relays information about forks but I'm
    working on a kobject_uevent solution to send the fork event (thanks to Andrew
    for the suggestion).

    Thus, I will be interesting to see CSA module in the kernel.

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.022 / U:3.108 seconds]