SubjectRe: [RFC] Linux Kernel Subversion Howto
On Wed, 9 Feb 2005 03:57:37 +0100 (CET), Roman Zippel
<zippel@linux-m68k.org> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> On Tue, 8 Feb 2005, Jon Smirl wrote:
>
> > Write up a proposal of what you need. Send it to Larry and ask for a
> > quote. Larry will probably even help you fill in things you missed in
> > the proposal. Come to an agreement on terms for the proposal. Raise
> > the cash, send it to Larry, wait for the work to be finished. Now you
> > have your solution.
>
> I appreciate your optimism, but think about it: why would he insist on
> doing it himself and prefers to call me thief instead, if we were talking
> about the same kind of "exporting the complete kernel history"?

Write up a proposal and send it in for a quote. See if Larry is a man
of his word and quotes you a fair price for doing the work. Post the
proposal and the quote. Then see if there is enough interest to fund
the project. There are probably ten tech news web sites that will make
a lead story out of this. Negotiating a true settlement is much better
than sending thousand of useless emails that achieve nothing.

--
Jon Smirl
jonsmirl@gmail.com