    SubjectRe: [RFC] Reliable video POSTing on resume (was: Re: [ACPI] Samsung P35, S3, black screen (radeon))

    > > We already try to do that, but it hangs on 70% of machines. See
    > > Documentation/power/video.txt.
    > We know that all of these ROMs are run at power on so they have to
    > work. This implies that there must be something wrong with the
    > environment the ROM are being run in. Video ROMs make calls into the
    > INT vectors of the system BIOS. If these haven't been set up yet
    > running the VBIOS is sure to hang. Has someone with ROM source and
    > the appropriate debugging tools tried to debug one of these hangs?
    > Alternatively code could be added to wakeup.S to try and set these up
    > or dump the ones that are there and see if they are sane.

    Rumors say that notebooks no longer have video bios at C000h:0; rumors
    say that video BIOS on notebooks is simply integrated into main system
    BIOS. I personaly do not know if rumors are true, but PCs are ugly

      Last update: 2005-03-22 14:10    [W:0.019 / U:185.236 seconds]